Automobile parts manufacturers teach you how to maintai […]
Automobile parts manufacturers teach you how to maintain - Electrical Connectors - except for a few important electrical connectors using gold contacts, most of the other connectors are copper-zinc alloy, under normal circumstances, its reliability is guaranteed, but if the car runs in high temperature, high humidity, bumpy environment for a long time, these Joints may have loosening, corrosion, poor contact and other faults, and some strange electrical faults are mostly caused by this.
Therefore, in routine maintenance, we should focus on checking the joints of computer, sensor, fuel injector and other components on the vehicle.
Chassis Components - From a usage point of view, chassis components are actually more likely to cause problems than engines, but in routine maintenance, many people tend to ignore the inspection of chassis components. Chassis fault-prone parts are mainly concentrated in:
1. Shock absorber: Oil leakage is a precursor of shock absorber damage. In addition, the obvious increase of bump on bad road or the longer braking distance are also signs of shock absorber damage.
2. Suspension control arm rubber sleeve: After the rubber sleeve is damaged, the vehicle will have a series of faults, such as deviation, swing and so on. Even four-wheel positioning is not helpful. If the chassis is examined carefully, the damage of the rubber sleeve can be easily found.
3. Steering tie rod: Relaxation of steering tie rod is a serious potential safety hazard. Therefore, in routine maintenance, we must carefully check this part. The method is very simple: hold the pull rod and shake it vigorously. If there is no shaking, it means that everything is normal. Otherwise, the ball head or the pull rod assembly should be replaced.
4. Exhaust pipe: Exhaust pipe is one of the most vulnerable parts of the car bottom. Don't forget to take a look at it when overhauling. Especially the exhaust pipe with ternary catalytic converter should be examined carefully.
5. Dust-proof sleeve for universal joint: Don't underestimate the dust-proof sleeve outside the universal joint. It not only has dust-proof effect, but also prevents the loss of grease around the universal joint. Once the dust-proof sleeve is damaged, the grease will soon run off. Because of dry grinding, the universal joint is easily damaged.
Tyres - Pay attention to changing tires regularly. A group of tires will last longer and can not be used for a lifetime. Some people work easily and use cars less frequently. After a group of tires are used for several years, the tread pattern surface is perfect and non-destructive, but in fact, the performance of tires will gradually aging with the increase of age, and the quality of tires will be improved. Gradually, if you don't realize this, it's wrong to assume that "the surface looks good" means that the tire is OK.
When maintaining tires, first remove the inclusions such as stones in the tread pattern, check whether there are bubbles, layers, cracks, margins, aging and other faults in the outer tire; secondly, when disassembling tires, derusting the rim, inspecting the inner tire and lining with no damage or wrinkle phenomenon, inflating the tire according to the prescribed pressure, flanging or transposition the tire. In addition, check whether there is friction and collision between tire and wing plate, bottom plate of car box, leaf spring, fender, etc.
Battery - accumulator is the key of electrical system. In automobile, a large number of electrical devices are used. The abnormal operation of accumulator will affect the performance of many devices. For example, in an automatic transmission vehicle, if the battery is abnormal, the vehicle will not be able to start. Therefore, stable power supply must always be available.
When checking the level of the battery, if the level is between the upper and lower two lines, it is considered appropriate. At the same time, the liquid level difference of each tank should be checked. If the liquid level is insufficient, you can unscrew the top cover of the battery and pour distilled water to make up the liquid level.
Check the terminal of the accumulator and use the iron brush to remove the dirt on the terminal. If the wiring clamp is seriously contaminated, you can use sandpaper to rub along the inner wall to remove the contamination.
Brake pads - Usually we use the brake warning lights on the dashboard as the basis for judging whether to change the brake shoes, but this is the last line, if changed at this time, it is quite dangerous.
To remind you, although all vehicles have this warning system, there are some direct induction of the thickness of brake shoes, and some are in the brake shoes have been completely worn out, so the brake fluid is extremely reduced, so that the warning lights will be turned on. If the latter is the case, when the warning light is on, the metal base of the brake pad and the brake disc are in the iron grinding state. At this time, bright iron scraps will be seen near the rim edge of the tire. Therefore, check whether the brake pads are available every time you enter the factory for maintenance, and replace the brake pads close to the life limit earlier, instead of just believing in the warning lights.